TD5 Rear Cross Member Replacement - Options?

The Rear Cross Member on my 2000/Y 110 is rotting far too fast for my liking and is really due to be replaced given the amount of towing I do with the truck.

So, I am trying to work out the best way to go about it...

If I were to buy a cross member to weld on, what options are out there? I would really like to replace it with one made of something more substantal than the scrunched up kitkat wrappers that my current one was made from, so am wary of buying a genuine one, although I know that will fit. Pattern ones fill me with dread, from an accuracy and general quality point of view, so I wondered if anyone else was producing somehting substantial to fit a td5?

My other option is to make my own one, which is tempting, but I have not seen it done with the extra fittings and things that are on a td5 cross member...

so, any opinions, suggestions or even better, pictures?

Cheers

Mark

this thread had comments about td5 crossmember. they suggested mib componments

thread

Also someone on here has some pictures of their one they made...think it might be in the members vehicles forum..can't find it myself at the moment.

HTH

crclifford posted a link to the thread where I asked the same question for my 90. There were a few suggestions of people to try, but no-one with experience of what works in practice, what is made from cheese and what is worth shelling out for.

Looks like we are on our own!

Martin

MIB is who I was recommended when I was still planning on fixing up my 110's chassis Mark. They apparently can make one that looks like a Td5 crossmember, but out of 3mm or 4mm or whatever thickness you want! I spoke to a chap on the phone last year and they seemed willing to create whatever I had wanted. Richards' Td5 chassis use a thicker steel in the rear crossmember too I think, though I don't know if they sell them separately.

Making your own has got to be the coolest option though :P:ph34r: