Engine Fail to Start

Hi,

My TD5 90 has failed to start up. Able to crank, there is firing but it does not start up. I plug in the Hawkeye. Error message

Fault: 3183 Injector 1 Peak

Charge Long Logged

This goes for injector 2 to 5.

Fault: 3191 Injector 1 Peak

Charge Short Logged

This goes for injector 2 to 5 also.

Could anyone advice what's the cause and where is the fault from?

I am still able to crank the engine but it does not start. Battery is old but still good.

Regards

Jack

try the purging procedure, ign on push throttle peddle down to floor 5 times, MIL light will flash, 30 sec purge will start

with a boost / jump pack on the battery

check the ecu harness etc

check the earth from loom to gearbo and chassis

check the oi to see if theres diesel in there

is the car imobilsed, whats the status of the red light on the speedo

try the purging procedure, ign on push throttle peddle down to floor 5 times, MIL light will flash, 30 sec purge will start

with a boost / jump pack on the battery

check the ecu harness etc

check the earth from loom to gearbo and chassis

check the oi to see if theres diesel in there

is the car imobilsed, whats the status of the red light on the speedo

Hi,

THanks for the advice. Tried the purging. Let the punp run with throttle fully depressed. For your method I am not familiar. Where is the MIL light?

As for the rig being immbolised, can it still crank? If is immbolised I need the EKA( the codes for the number of turns using the key)?

regards

Jack

I think the faults listed are because it isn't firing, not the reason that it isn't firing.

The TD5 is sensitive to battery voltage so a jump start is a good idea if you think your battery may be a bit low. It'll still turn over but won't fire unless it gets something above 12v. Saying that, your battery will most likely be dead now anyway if you've been trying to start it a few times :rolleyes:

Inaine has covered most things to check. Also check the fuel cut-off switch (on the bulkhead?), although this usually causes the hazards to flash when putting the key in.

sounds like electrical problem with ECU / injectors. Follow everything Inane listed, including the wiring harness to the injectors.

Is the temperature gauge always at cold, or does it move to hot when starting?

Hi,

It does not move to hot when cranking. I notice, when I crank it. The engine will fire up alittle then afterwards will died off by itself. And I notice the fuel pump is not running after the engine died. Then when I switch off the completely and later turn it to 'ON'the fuel pump will run again.

COuld it be my fuel cut off giving problem?

Jack