Ot: Www.bbc.com Weather

minivin

so lets see, Salisbury, bright sunshine, 30 centigrade, 7 knots wind, oh hold on! <looks out window> that'll be rain and a thuinderstorm then :angry:

They've been a bit horrendous on the forecasts this year aint they......... :blink:

Bizarre isn't it, we get the nice graphics on the bbc telly news which for me have been fairly accurate here in Fareham, but I have also been checking the bbc forecast on the net like you too.

They are often very different, and the internet one is nearly always wrong!

Talk about not singing off the same hymn sheet!

Regards,

Diff

I've heard say that the climate patterns in these parts have become less granular and more chaotic.

It used to be that you could predict the weather fairly accuratly for hundreds of square miles. These days, although the prediction may be accurate on average over that area, there may be more exreme weather in some localities.

In other words it is more chaotic.

This is my current favorite wearher prediction site / model. Good at long range forecasts and seem to get it more right than the met office.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/?

Si