Urgent LT77 Gearbox advice !

Hi

Just been serviceing the 110 200tdi today as we are off to Morocco in two weeks and when I dropped the oil in the gearbow this was stuck to the magnetic drain plug :o Half a circlip, 20mm diameter, looks like it goes on to a 10mm shaft! oil was well full of bronze bit's too!

I have a LT 77 box in bits (long story) and can't find anything like it ??????

Not over worried as I once found a similar chewed up thing in my series 3 box that's still going strong but still ?

Box was reconditioned 20k ago and first oil change at 10K was no sign of nasties!

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance

Jason

post-2294-0-12213900-1308427555_thumb.jpg

Thanks a million Retroanoconda :):) Star man ;)

Part ordered, after further investigation this clip is only on Defender gearboxs hence the reason why I can't find it on my LT77 in bit's as it's off a Discovery!

Many thanks once again.

Jason

Thanks a million Retroanoconda :):) Star man ;)

Part ordered, after further investigation this clip is only on Defender gearboxs hence the reason why I can't find it on my LT77 in bit's as it's off a Discovery!

Many thanks once again.

Jason

it is in the Disco LT77 on the 5th gear selector fork pin, microcat page shows 2 of thos circlips listed.

Personaly not got a clue :blink:

Copied from another forum from a guy that rebuilds gearboxs

"if its clip that goes onto selector shaft its fitted onto shaft just behind where it comes out of bearing plate,only fitted on defender boxes"

I have a Disco LT77 box in bits and can't find a clip anything like, mind you I did'nt take it in bit's so might have been lost!