rear snorkel sponge filters

markyb

I have a through cab type snorkel and i had a 400bhp filter on the end or so it said,

anyway its got blocked as maybe too fine for the dust and carp of, offroading . coming back from seven sisters i was struggling to get any power so i removed it and the truck was back to full power problem solved.

I am after a sponge type 3 inch if possible , what are people using on and off road as offroad i didnt notice to much and i use this on the road as well.

I'm running the standard rangy V8 ones. I recon the snorkel hose itself is a bit of a filter; as the inside gets dirty, that must be dirt not reaching the filters?

But your system sounds well installed, so I'd nip down to the local agri dealer and get somthing off a tractor. They are much larger in area, as they work in dust. I ran a Deutze one for a few years.

The cintrifugal pre-cleaners are good, but use engine power to work properly (air intake speed is needed to get it all spinning fast, so they are matched to the working engine speed).

Check out these guys http://www.agriemach.com/ . They do proper filter bodies and a lot of racing type stuff. I got my exhaust wrap from there. Well worth a smurf - I'd love to see there warehouse :D