What speakers

Phil B

My 94 es d1 300tdi speakers are shocking (well the rear ones are) the front ones have been replaced but I'll want to replace them with all the same

What size are the fronts n rear pillars??? What are direct fit, i have a broad spectrum of music from led zeplin to euphoria aswell as playing movies for me and my little lad

Also my rear sub speakers in the door don't work (not that this makes a difference but is there a hidden amp or speaker wires?? My only other option is a little amp hidden in the rear door ;)

got standard size 4 inch in the front, and put 6x9's in the back. They needed a spacer and the trim cutting to fit. My back door sub was also broken so just put a standalond sub/box/amp combo off ebay for £40. It all sounds pretty good with a decent head unit and will go loud enough to drown out the squeaks, rattles and tyres ;)

There is an amp in the back door already for the standard sub, so you could use that assuming its still working, but it only works the two sub speakers in the door.

Hi

I have got 13cm speaker in the rear of mine, I go the ripspeed ones from halfords, with my trade card they were about 20 quid.

The speakers in the rear door only work on standard fit stereos from what I can remember, I seem to recall fitting a low pass filter to the rear speaker wires and then hooking them up directly. Try having a look at the feed going to the amp and chase it back to the stereo loom. it might just need a switch or connecting to the aux power out on an after market.

cheers

jim

I replaced my fronts with some Alpine speakers and the rear with boston acoustics. Both of the same size. I removed the rear door "subs" and replaced them with a boxed 10" run through a separate amp. The whole lot is run from an Alpine ipod head unit.

Rear sub (in door) has its own amp attached to it. I have my one working of the RCA output from my Sony head ...no problem and no modifications. The only criticism I would have of it is that it is not very tonal but it does give a good deep bass.

Hugh