2" body lift

mad4mud33

Probably better fitting 235/85/16 as they a couple of mm taller but not wide enough to cause too many issues hitting the inside or outside of the inner guard. I would think that 265 tyres would also be getting a bit wide for standard width rims. You will have to do a "camel cut" to the lower rear wheel arch still.

Here are my Rangie 235/85/16 tyres fitted to my wifes D1 with no lift, but a camel cut in the rear

post-21949-0-17209700-1311130743_thumb.jpg

What I say below is about a 1990 RRC, but would probably be relevant at least to a degree...

I run 235x85s and when I first fitted them there were two problems - first they hit the outside edge of the wheel arch (front and back) - so I trimmed those back; and second they hit under the inner wheel arch at the rear, so I decided to do a body lift.

After much measuring and thinking I went for a 30mm lift - details here - and got lucky. Now nothing fouls and (IMHO) it looks just right.

With regard to 275 tyres, they are a little less tall so clearance under the arches would't be a problem once you have the lift, however having looked at my tyres when fitted I believe that 275s would protrude beyond the standard body and would therefore need some kind of spat or arch extension.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Mine came with 265, binned them off for STD 235 insa dakars, as the rubbed and cut themselves with a 2inch lift and spacers, I'd say a suspension lift would be better than a body lift for articulation purposes and the only prob id find with my STD Tyres would be in bombpits I should imagine with diff clearance

What I say below is about a 1990 RRC, but would probably be relevant at least to a degree...

I run 235x85s and when I first fitted them there were two problems - first they hit the outside edge of the wheel arch (front and back) - so I trimmed those back; and second they hit under the inner wheel arch at the rear, so I decided to do a body lift.

After much measuring and thinking I went for a 30mm lift - details here - and got lucky. Now nothing fouls and (IMHO) it looks just right.

With regard to 275 tyres, they are a little less tall so clearance under the arches would't be a problem once you have the lift, however having looked at my tyres when fitted I believe that 275s would protrude beyond the standard body and would therefore need some kind of spat or arch extension.

Hope this helps.

Roger

thanks for the info and im thinking of using defender arches over the arches

thanks for the info and im thinking of using defender arches over the arches

Keep us informed... With photos if poss... I would like to know if it's an easy job cos if it is then I might do it too.