drivers door

stretch121

Hi fellas, after some help please.

When I try open the disco with the key fob now, for some strange reason all the doors open and lock as normal except for the drivers door, it works fine if I use the key and I have checked the fuses and they are fine.

Any ideas as to the prob?

Cheers in advance.

Hi There,

Watch what is exactly happening, if the button comes up then drops down a little bit, then the fault is the spring. Lots of people have the springs fail, there is a link from on the forum to a place that will supply the springs and they show you how to fit them.

If the button does not come up, you need to check the power is getting to the actuator, and take it from there.

CHEERS FOR THE REPLY GUYS, I HAD THE DOOR CARD OFF THE OTHER WEEK TO HAVE A LOOK AND ALL SEEMED FINE, THE BUTTON WONT MOVE AT ALL AND IF I TRY TO LIFT IT UP WITH MY FINGERS IT JUST WONT MOVE, ( NOT SURE IF THIS IS NORMAL )SO HOW WOULOD I GO ABOUT CHECKING POWER TO THE ACTUATOR? IS THERE ANYTHING IN THE TECH ARCHIVES, I DONT SEE ANYTHING.

The actuator will operate when you press the fob button if it has power unless it's jamed, undo the actuators mouting screws and disconnect the linking rod to isolate the actuator from the lock then the try the door pin if it still doesn't move your problem is in the lock area the drivers door should lock/unlock normally with just the door key.

Anyway what model of disco are we talking about? as with a D2 the actuators are in the lock.