Temperature Sender threads

I have recently taken delivery of my madman EMS2 multifunction gauge for my 200tdi defender. There isn't a fitting kit for the 200tdi, so I have got the 300tdi kit. The engine coolant temperature sender for the gauge replaces the 300tdi thermostat bung, but on a 200tdi there isn't one. My plan is therefore to tap one of the blank holes on the 200tdi top thermostat cover elbow where the air-con temperature senders would be fitted. You can buy the pucker drilled and tapped housing from here

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=85268

but it is silly money, and the same as this one except drilled

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=85685&xSec=5504

My questions are as follows:

What size thread is the 300tdi top thermostat bung? I think it is 1/2" BSP but can someone confirm this?

Does anyone know the thread size of the two tapped holes in the 200tdi genuine air con housing? if it helps then they are designed to accept PRC3366 and PRC3541 temp senders, does anyone know what thread these senders are?

Alternatively, is there anyone in the Guildford area who would be able to drill and tap my housing to 1/2" bsp for a couple of beer tokens?

temp sender thread on 200tdi Defender spec engine is 5/8unf -- Discovery 200tdi uses a finer thread possibly 1/8npt but I'm not 100% sure

300tdi uses 1/8npt for the temp sender

I don't know what thread the air cond senders/semsors use.

Just for information:

PRC3366 and PRC3541 are the air con temperature senders. They use a M22 x 1.5 thread diameter.

VDO temperature senders 323-801-009-001D are a 1/8" NPT thread.

the Defender 200tdi factory coolant sender is a a 5/8 UNF thread

The radiator blanking plug on 200tdi and 300tdi is 1/2" BSP, as is the 300tdi thermostat housing plug.

I have found a website that offers a wide range of adapters: www.speedycables.com

temp sender thread on 20tdi Defender spec engine is 5/8unf -- Discovery 200tdi uses a finer thread possibly 1/8npt but I'm not 100% sure

300tdi uses 1/8npt for the temp sender

I don't know what thread the air cond senders/semsors use.

Disco 200tdi temp sender is nothing like 1/8th NPT.... its 5/8ths UNF AFAIK.

I put my thermo switch for my electric fan (mondeo) in where you're trying to find out info for-I went and saw my local engineering workshop and got them to do it for me, it cost me £15 for them to drill it out and tap it to M22x1.5 and it was ready for me to pick up the following day too, What I'm really saying is it'll save you a fair bit of cash for someone with the tools and skills to do it for minimal out lay and they'd get it right too

HTH