AWDC XL Challenge Round 4

najw

Round 4 of the AWDC XL Challenge will take place on 11 September at West Harptree.

Kindly sponsored by Frogs Island 4x4.

Entries are now open and full details can be found

HERE

Including an online entry facility.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be down to play, Dan can,t make it this weekend so Paul Lundstrom is doing the honours, I hope he has some good boots because with all this rain its going to be slippy on that red clay.

make sure you drink your lucazade in the morning this time

Well done to all those who turned out despite the threats of an attack by Hurricane Somethingorother.

Some very technical driving over some tricky sections which kept the spectators (who outnumbered the drivers by about 10:1) amused right to the end.

Thanks to Frogs Island 4x4 for some excellent prizes.

Results and championship tables to date are now posted HERE

Congratulations to Jonathan Smith and Alan Webb on their overall win and managing to keep going until the end.

Commiserations to everyone else who retired through the course of the day including Barrie Gee who managed to do this...

post-69-0-81484800-1315833019_thumb.jpg

Excellent day out - can't believe we won overall: who needs lockers and lots of winches :i-m_so_happy:

To be fair everyone had mechanical problems during the day - we had to stop twice to sort out a fueling problem, and a snapped track rod end. I think it was a case of "last man standing".

There should be some excellent pictures about - there were certainly enough spectators.

I want to see the pictures of us and Barry doing the vertical drop on punch 7 (I think). We had planned to leave that one, and wondered why everyone was gathering round as the start of the section and first punch in the section was nice and easy, it was on ly when we got round the final corbner we realised which punch it was :ph34r: Still ater a bit lot of looking and some careful lining up we went down it much easier than I expected.

All in all an excellent day - thanks to Neil and Carol and looking forward to the final event. Lets hope some more come along for it.

• 3 weeks later...

cracking days sport, only couple of issues with the truck this time

just like to say thanks to all involved in running and setting up,

does anyone make a heavy duty folding chair for a certain person???????? :hysterical:

does anyone have any pics of my truck from the day as i dont have any and some sections where a little interesting shall we say :blink:

be good to get some more trucks out for the last round where ever it turns out to be :glare: