300Tdi Door Switch Wiring?

Paddy_SP

I'd be most grateful if anyone on here would be kind enough to tell me where the cabling for the driver's door switch runs and what colours the wires are. I need to be able to add a manual switch so that I can turn the damned thing off for when I'm doing wildlife photography! I've tried delving in behind it, but the harness runs through the door pillar and then disappears somewhere...

The wire, there's only one, from the switches are commbined, they run from the each door switch via the wiring loom and terminate at the MFU. IIRC the colour is blue but you can check that by removing the switch.

I'm confused now - the door switches can't be all on the same circuit, as the beeper only comes on if the driver's door is opened. None of the other doors trigger it...

As an alternative, is there an easy way to get to the beeper instead?

The beeper is disabled by cutting the white wire in the steering column. There is a 4 way connector that has the purple wires for the lamp that lights up the ignition switch hole.

There is a picture somewhere on this forum, I did mine, nice and quiet now. Also I didn't know the switch lit up until I found the bulb was there and long gone.

Many thanks for the useful info! I solved the problem in the end by removing the lower footwell panel - the one to the right of the pedals. I then managed to feed a pair of wires down from the door switch and through the hole for the door harness. These were then routed up and into a switch that was fitted into one of the spare positions to the right of the speedo. The end result is that I can effectively turn the beeper off when I want peace and quiet, but (only if I can remember to turn it back on again!) still get an audible warning when I've left the lights on during the day...

Simple way to prevent it beeping is to tape the switch down using heavy duty duck tape. Works a treat

Hugh

Agreed - I did consider doing that, or even removing the switch altogether, but I wanted to be able to turn it on and off as I drive with my lights on when I'm in the lanes (which is almost everywhere around here), and don't fancy leaving my lights on by mistake...