300tdi Arch Liner

AdeParko

I had to pull my front wing off this weekend to do some welding for the MOT

I've now got a problem as how to re-fix the arch liner (the plastic arch that fits between the outer and inner wings)

As soon as I removed the wing, the arch liner fell free from the wing; how is it meant to be attached?

It looks like it may of had a sort of spider rivet? Can I use a normal rivet? if so, what size

Then, with regards to the other side of the arch liner and attaching it to the inner arch. The plastic push in rivets I removed are all unusable. Do I need to buy some of the same to replace them, or is there something else I can use in there place

I have some of the rivets spare that are used along the plastic sills/rear tread plate; can I use them?

Any help would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

Ade

Swings and roundabouts, my RRC they are held on with a plastic "fir tree" fastener. These generate rust, so once in a while you need to remove them and paint or waxoil.

Without the liners you have more muck and salt going into the root of the inner wing where rust will cause water ingress and structural corrosion.

Early RRC withou the liners suffered badly at the joint of the inner and outer wings, even when insulated a thick layer of road dirt will cause bimetallic corrosion.