Fix for no headlights due to indicator switch failure

Can anyone point me in the right direction for an electrical drawing that shows how to bypass the main voltage through the indicator stalk via a relay? I have seen info on here for additional lights and main / dipped relays but nothing that I can find that explains how the switch cables are modified.

I have just put on my second indicator switch in 12 months and I would prefer not to do it again.

have you lost dip to main operation &/or mian beam flash ?

indicators have no influence on the headlight part of the stalk

was it a britpart item ? best to get a genuine LR or Lucas part.

if you bypass the stalk operation you'll still need a switch to operate the dip/main function

Lost dip and main - still had flash. It wasn't a Britpart item as I don't believe in blue label stuff.

For some reason I was under the impression that you could wire in a relay that is operated by the light switch but takes the main power away from the indicator stalk when upgrading to halogens.

you can fit halogen blbs without any problems, some have fitted relays in dip & main beam circuits to take the loading off the stalk so it just switches the relays instead, found it

Upgrading headlight wiring using relays to operate dip & main beams

sounds like either one of the contacts has broken off or the wires are disconnected or not fully connected, they are push fit on to the stalks pins.

The problem is the pin that the blue wire in on. Basicly you have the pin that is connected to a brass plate. This plate either makes or breaks the dip beam to main beam. For some reason this pin and the plate have no continuity so they are attached but not attached if you know what I mean. Need to get the soldering iron out to fix it.

The problem is the pin that the blue wire in on. Basicly you have the pin that is connected to a brass plate. This plate either makes or breaks the dip beam to main beam. For some reason this pin and the plate have no continuity so they are attached but not attached if you know what I mean. Need to get the soldering iron out to fix it.

IIRC the pins are rivetted to the contact plate. so a blob of solder should hopefully keep it in contact.

post-20-0-98137500-1315686741_thumb.jpg