insa turbo special tracks 285/ 75 on s3

kevin paul

Hi i bought ugly stupid looking kawazaki green pajero for the off road kit of it and it has brand new 285 75 insa turbos on it, i had them on my defender last year but had to use spacers on standard spoke wheels.

So my questions is do i need to chop arches if so what kind (defender flexi arches or s3 ones).

Should i use a salsbury axel (have one lying around anyway) due to might end up braking half shafts.

Should i buy double carban prop due to using a salsbury axle being closer to gearbox.

was going to keep the truck standard but have all this kit lying about :D

post-19700-0-81766800-1316028297_thumb.jpg

post-19700-0-61036100-1316028355_thumb.jpg

I've got that size of them on my series, but cant really give you a straight answer as mines so modified. I run them on reversed 8 spokes with defender arches, but I've also had to trim the defender arches as well as the alloy arches.

You'll also need to chop out the tops of the rear wheel arch boxes and raise them up by about 3" or so or they'll just rub like crazy!

I run series axles, but with Arb's and KAM rear shafts.

Jon

It does well of road and only got stuck ones last time due to tyre hight when diff bottomd out on big ruts.

I was thinking SOA but use it alot on the road and the handleing would be roapy.

Seems far too straight to butcher. Sell it and get a rough 90 to play with.

I have had a few rough 90s but theres nothing better than having a galy chassis and a 90 would cos 3 times what mine is worth

to do the same job.

285's will carry more kinetic energy as they spin so if grip is found suddenly, half shafts may break (same with any tyre, but more so due to the size of the 285's) although if you are careful, it should be ok.

also, make sure your breaks are in good condition as they will have to work harder than if a set of 205's were fitted for example.

285's will carry more kinetic energy as they spin so if grip is found suddenly, half shafts may break (same with any tyre, but more so due to the size of the 285's) although if you are careful, it should be ok.

also, make sure your breaks are in good condition as they will have to work harder than if a set of 205's were fitted for example.

Thanks, brakes are spot on as i have a servo standard. I am un sure if i should put arches on etc or keep standard as its in realy good condition, but at the same time thats what landys are for.i have a salsbury i could put on but i think they sit to low.

Not sure if this will help?...

I had 265/75/16 on my old Series. It had para's and extended shackles. Arch clearance was ok, but had issues with the inner wing rubbing on full lock when off roading. Was fine on the road however. I did have Defender wings though, which may come into play. Think series wings have a bigger section on the inner wing?

Although 285's are obviously bigger!