Head Lights on all the time after installing a TD5 loom (minus CPU)

I just put a TD5 body and loom onto a 200tdi frame, I got rid of the ECU but hooked everything else up, The problem I have is that the headlights are on all the time along with the other lights on the right side of the truck. Everything else seems to work fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Im having nightmares with lights too at the mo. i put a 2005 td5 loom on mine but grafted into my exsisting headlight looms. i could only get the right side to work at all! in the end i have earth every light individually and seperately from the loom and they now work. For some reason i seem to have power coming down some (what appear to be) earth wires from the loom!

Steve

Ralph is right! I think it's to make it easier for the ECU to control the lights if it wants to.

If you've found what is apparently a Live for the headlights - it will feed live into a load of other things and vice versa. If the switched earth lines are all earthed then lots of things will stay switched on!

To work around it, connect battery / ignition live to the live feeds and pass the earth returns through relays to earth. Earth one side of the coil and switch the other side of the coil from the original switches. The switch then energises the relay which earths the light allowing it to switch on.

Si

• 3 weeks later...

Think this is probably linked to the dim dip system which partially lights headlights , have seen it play havoc on other cars etc either switching lights on permanently or no lights !! , don`t know (ralph probably does) but td5 might pulse earth instead of live to hlights for this system,