Seats?

Just a quick question guys.

I have been after a set of grey vinyl seats for ages for the Defender and have wanted them as near pefect as possible

with out having to spen stupid money! So the question is are Brit part seats any good, as there is a pair on ebay at the mo.

in good nick? The photo of the underneath of the base shows a Britpart sticker, they look as good as the genuine

ones but are they? Or should I save my money for the real deal?

Cheers Mutley

Hiya,

does it say what they are made from?

my mate covered his with Brit part seat covers and he has alredy after 4 months put a tear in them from a clip or something on his jeans.

I paid around £160 for a exmoor trim kit and did mine myself, been on now two years and not a mark, we use the truck everyday and have two large staffys that like to sit on the seats, so i would recomend exmoor. the quality is better, mine have real stitching on the covers, the britpart ones are plastic welded stitches, they look nasty.

my opinion, 4 what its worth, recover yours if you have a set, doesnt take long and is an easy job

Paul

Oh hell guys! You where supposed to make it easy for me.

At the moment it would seem that it's 50/50.....

Exmoor Retrim kit including foam for 2 seats is about £165......Ebay Britpart seats(?) at £101 with 5 days to go (plus £35 carriage)!

If i thought doing it myself with a retrim kit would look as good as they should, may seriously consider going down this road.

How hard and how much faff are they to do your self?

Thanks guys

Hi again

Having fitted mine and my mates I would say there easy, the only tip I would give is when you recover the seat base you have to apply spray glue (on both manufactuers) on the centre, where your bum sits. I would do this part very carefully so it's in the correct position and leave it at that stage for a good couple of hours this way the covering will really get hold and take on the shape of the foam, I didnt leave my first one long enough and with the resistance of the foam it didn't stick properly, it has settled now but it was a disappointment for a few months.

Paul

Cheers for the advice Sharpy.

I think i might go down this road and get the re trim kit, that way i can buy them when it's convenient for me, as the Boss (wife)

is always into me for money for this and money for that oh and some thing about a BILL have to be paid too!?!

The amount of money BILL has had out of me you'd think he'd come and sort the Landy once and for all!!!

Between him and the wife it's small wander i can afford to put WATER in the wiper bottle!

• 1 month later...