How one removes the 3 bolt flange from an ex disco rear diff...

Been there done that....... under the truck, wish i'd removed the diff before i started......! i ended up swapping it in the end anyways as the flange i fitted can't have been right, well, something was wrong as it wouldn;t stop dumping oil,........... ho hum

Yeah, I replaced the oil seal when I finally got it off, new flange seemed to fit on and up quite nicely, I have had problems with some pinion seals before, i think there are a couple of different types (all do the same job) but some seem to work better. Play in the pinion bearing can exasabate that too.

Did this method from the tech archive not work ? :- http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=14403

Pete.

HAHAHAHA - OMG the penny has just dropped, that's why there was an M8 hole tapped straight through that flippin center piece!!! well 1) I hadn't seen the tech thread, 2) at the time I didn't know the threaded hole went all the way through 3).... I was a man on a mission!.. Darn, i thought I'd done my home work on this one too!