handbrake indication

Frax

I just connected up my micro switch and tried it out and am getting no light on the warning panel, Checked the switch and it is OK but there is no 12v supply going to it.

Checked the RAV CD and it tells me that it is fed from fuse 1, this fuse also feeds the indicator indication + other things.

These are all working. Have I made a mess of my td5 warning panel after all ?

Frax

the wire [white/yellow trace] is connected to the main loom plug ??? there should be a matching wire in one of the multi connectors.

does the 'red' brake failure/low fluid light come on when you start up [with handbrake OFF] it should come on then go out as a check, the handbrake also uses the same light,

I used the ABS amber light for my handbrake on my Td5 warning light panel, simply because I wanted it seperate from the red brake fail/low fluid light

sounds like the red led is dead or there's a wiring problem, I had a faulty circuit board, the same led would glow faintly & not go fully off

these might help, connection details for each warning light [notes in light blue & purple are my use] & the circuit board of the warning light unit with notes/colours.

the 16 - ** = the 16 way panel plug/socket & the 20 - ** = the 20 way plug/socket

post-20-0-00662200-1320693937_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-06609100-1320693976_thumb.jpg

no, only by replacing the complete circuit board, see the green thing above.

pin 9 & 14 on the 16 way connector should be black/white for park brake, try connecting pin 9 & 13 together for low fluid warning then park brake switch to pin 14, hopefully that'll work.

negative feed IIRC.

Do you know if the LED's are replaceable, and also (sorry to be a pain) should I get 12v at pin 14 on the warning panel 16 way plug or is this a feed through LED to earth.

They might not be replaceable as a user serviceable part but they should be quite easy to do for someone handy with a soldering iron. Even though they are surface mount they aren't too difficult. How much is the entire board?

They might not be replaceable as a user serviceable part but they should be quite easy to do for someone handy with a soldering iron. Even though they are surface mount they aren't too difficult. How much is the entire board?

From here http://www.brit-car....hp?xProd=136140 £133 or more from various other parts suppliers

God they are expensive new, I will have to spend some time checking this out before I go and buy one. Sadly it will need to wait for two weeks as I am away in the morning. Is it part of the MOT as I am hoping to finish it next time home and get it over for a test but will need to see how I get on or if ther any any more parts required.

Thank you for all your help.

Frax