Disco parts needed after epic AA recovery!!

SharkyMarc

On the way up to marshalling the WRGB my disco1 started making loud clonking, so after some investigation I think the rear diff is shot. So 12 hours in 3 recovery trucks I'm now home!!

Does anyone have any ideas whether it is indeed the rear diff or if anyone has a 24 spline diff in the Sussex Surrey area??

I thought they'd abandoned that stupid relay thing

I once broke down near Norwich in a van towing a trailer, they bought me back to Warrington on one truck which was a contractor but he came back in a straight line fron Norwich to Warrington It took 8 hours, we were on roads in Derbyshire that hadn't seen traffic since the Romans

Going up steep hills at 10mph , when I asked why he said that's how the AA pay, shortest distance, sounded crazy to me as he must have used more fuel going up and down the box like he was than going 50 miles further on a less direct but faster route

Yes, the AA were a pain like that.

I once took a car from Cheltenham to Llandudno Junction on an AA job.

Was going to do it the easy way - M5/M6/A55. Not a chance, boss said shortest route - M5 / Kidderminster / Shrewsbury / A5 / lastly north from Betws-y-Coed.

After dropping the car I thought B** it, pretty road might as well go back the same route. By the time he phoned needing the truck for another recovery it was too late to divert me back to the quicker m/way route :) Long day in the cab of an old low powered Merc...