Removal of Front Wings?

Right im in the realms of putting a roll cage on a truck cab 90. I need to get to the front out riggers and plate them ready for the cage.

Before i start the job, any advice on removal of the wings and any other areas to aid access to the riggers would be greatful

Cheers

remove the flexi arches --- use a pin punch to knock out the cenres of the plastic round head studs, remove these studs -- remove arch.

IIRC 10mm open end spanner or ring & 10mm socket /ratchet handle/short & long extensions or ratchet ring spanner remove all 5 bolts vertically down the rear to bulkhead joint, 1 x 10mm under the bonnet in rear corner with the cable strap under it,plus 1 at the lower front [long bolt, IIRC another 10mm head or maybe 13mm] side panel should then come off --make sure you disconnect any electrics, I think thats all.

not sure how the inner galvanised part comes off as I haven't done that bit.

inner galv wing is bolted down the top of the wing, easiest way to get down to the outriggers though for you cage would be to remove the wings completely, worst bits are getting those bolts out of the back of the wing against the bulkhead - as above, then split the frontpanel from one wing and remove it with the other. bonner just lifts off once you have the bonnet stay out of the bracket

take it all the outriggers are sound and you have increased them structurally?

take it all the outriggers are sound and you have increased them structurally?

Outriggers are sound, the purpose of getting to the outriggers is to plate them with 6mm plate for strength, then prep for cage mount.

Hi

Dont know if its same for all defenders but on mine the bolt holes in the wing are cut out so they make slots... the top one is a proper hole though. It means you can put most of the hard to reach bolts in first leaving a few turns left then slide the wing onto them, saves a lot of faffing!

Mike

Hi

Dont know if its same for all defenders but on mine the bolt holes in the wing are cut out so they make slots... the top one is a proper hole though. It means you can put most of the hard to reach bolts in first leaving a few turns left then slide the wing onto them, saves a lot of faffing!

Mike

Well, i reckon if they are not slotted. Then they will be when i put them back B)

Cheers for the info