Has anyone sold a car to someone in France?

Ratty43

I sold my Series 3 to a chap in France tonight, all is well, good price and I've bought an extremely smart Disco (I coped with the 200tdi noise for 6 months but no more!) but I'm wondering what to do with the V5, does anyone know? Just got to hope he arrives at Newquay airport with the cash as promised next Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

Off the top my head, i think there is a place on the v5 for vehicles being exported out the country, im not at home so can't check my v5, I sold a freelander a good few years ago to a guy in South Africa, im sure when i took it down to London to go in a container i got the guy to sign the V5 to say it was being exported out the country, then just sent V5 to swansea, i got a bit worried in case they were using it around London and V5 was still in my name, never had any come backs and that was nearly 8 years ago

I sold a motorbike to a German but did not send the export part of the V5 to DVLA as I was not personally exporting the bike - what if he had not taken the bike out of the country but sold it on in the UK, I would have perjured myself. Instead I gave him the whole V5, a signed receipt and then wrote to DVLA giving details of the new owner with his business card and his stated intention to export the bike. DVLA seemed happy with this arrangement and I did not risk perjuring myself.

Chris

Thanks for all the replies. The man who bought it wanted mento remove the roof rack and some other bits then drive it to Newquay airport but would not pay a deposit so I've ended up offering it to the next highest bidder. The second chance chap is in Dorset and seemed very keen when I said a second chance seemed likely but He has yet to come through with the buy it now. Hopefully he just hasn't got to his computer yet as I need to sell the Series so I can pay for the Disco I've bought.

I'm sending vehicles back to zimbabwe at the moment, i'm filling out the little purple bit on the back page as mentioned above. I then have to send the v5 by DHL over there, so he can receive the vehicle.

G