Are you looking for a decent torch

wack61

Just been to Aldi and picked up a led torch for £10.99 which has blown me away

Runs on 3AAA batteries and is that bright it would burn your eyes out if you looked into it

Range is 120m brightness is 480-500 lumens, 3 yr warranty and water and shockproof

Having changed a wheel by the light of an iPhone I'll be keeping this in the 90

They won't be in there for long once word gets out how good they are

I've got a pair of 1300 lumen torches now they're bright!

They use the Ultrafire type rechargeable batteries.

1 torch with a charger and two batteries is under £20 delivered from the other side of the world.

Same as this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-C8-1300Lm-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-2x18650-Charger-/280746332590?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item415dc911ae

Very bright - you wouldn't want to shine it in your eyes!

I got one yesterday to use as a bike light.

This is it mounted on the bike on top of a pair of the 9LED torches Aldi sold a few months ago.

DSC_0175.jpg

This the light from the two 9LED torches together with the hall light on.

DSC_0176.jpg

This is the new torch on its own also with the hall light on.

DSC_0177.jpg

It has three settings, on (full power) off, on (low power) off, on (SOS flashes) off an back to the start so you have to keep cycling it around to get the beam you want.

I now have two more of them, one as a torch for the tool bag and another for my girlfriend's bike.

I bought a surefire single mode torch recently. 300lumen and it lights up my

garage even when I have 6*120W fluorescents on; don't think it's as bright as the

one shining on that door though.

I borrowed a multimode one a few years ago, it was a pain as you had to cycle

through the modes to turn it on/off, but reading the blurb it sound like the multimode

ones on ebay aren't like that. Do you have to click through the modes to turn them on/off?

I am looking for another as I bought one with an 18650 battery, but without a

charger, so thought I would get another with a charger[you can never have to many

torches], but am not sure about the multimode bit.

To cycle through the modes on mine you lightly press the power button (not a full click). Then to turn on or off you press it a full click. It turns on to the last setting used.

The only downside is you can accidentally change mode when you mean to switch it off,

I use mine on the bike it cost £19.99 with a bike mount and a rear light. The people I go cycling with also have the same if 2 of us are cycling along a country lane and a car sees the lights coming they pull right over in a passing point etc thinking we're a tractor or something like that!

They really are fantastic! If you're on the look out make sure you get a CREE one as they're the latest type. There are then different versions of CREE.

Do you have to click through the modes to turn them on/off?

This one requires a complete on/off for each mode. I am using it on full power at the moment so each time I switch on again I get low power so I have to switch off, then on to get SOS, then off, and then on again to get full power.

The on/off button is nicely recessed on the end cap but it makes it a bit more of a pain to cycle the switch when you are wearing thick gloves.

I've got a pair of 1300 lumen torches now they're bright!

They use the Ultrafire type rechargeable batteries.

1 torch with a charger and two batteries is under £20 delivered from the other side of the world.

Same as this one:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415dc911ae

Very bright - you wouldn't want to shine it in your eyes!

I have one of these as well (different name but clearly the same torch).

Very bright and has lasted over a years of use with several charges so not bad value ( I was concerned over the quality but though it was worth a punt for the price).

The charger is of dubious quality but the torch is seriously bright on full power.

The modes cycle through light clicks on the on off button, a full click switches the torch on, then a light click switches to the next mode, the torch remains in the mode it was switched off in next time you switch it back on.