Td5 Fuel Filter Housing/Head?

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the Earlier Td5 Fuel Filter Housing (WJN000020) and the Later (WJN500150) one?

I am guessing from the To & From VIN Codes where the Part No Changes, one is for the EU2 Engine and the Later is for the EU3......

....but why would that make the later one double the price (£260.00+) :wacko:

Cheers

Robbie

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

i'm not saying your wrong, but my MicroCat lists (WJN500080) as the part for my '06 Defender Td5.

This Number is S/S by (WJN500150).

This is whats shown on http://www.shukersparts.co.uk/defender-all/land-rover-defender/replacement-parts/fuel-emission-system/fuel-filter-head-unit-td5-wjn500150.html as well as the link http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=134968 you posted.

What i really want to know though is - is there any difference in the two Parts, i.e. can i buy the much cheaper WJN000020 and use it in place of my WJN500150?

Has anyone else done this?

Also has anyone else had their Filter Housing just crumble when unbolting it from the Chassis?

The face where the Fliter Screws onto it is fine, its just where the bolts go through it and into the Chassis thats turned into mush....

Cheers

Robbie

Gave the Filter Head a good clean last night, found it to have LR Part No "ESR4723" stamped on it, as well as "UFI" (a brand perhaps?)

Can anyone with a Earlier Td5 Defender check if their Filter head has this Stamped on it?

I am guessing the "Fuel Filter Housing (WJN000020)" is for the Whole Assembly - including connectors and Fuel Filter, the actual Head Part Number is - ESR4723.

Thanks

Hi

What do you mean by "Standard off the shelf filter head"?

I assumed if i got one with the same Part Number as the one i have now that would be Standard...........

Seems a good idea what you did though, if i could just get a hold of that metal head bit, and i could reuse my exsising pipe connection, filter etc.....