Acetylene woes

Richy B

Hi all, I have recently brought a hobby size/porta pack welding set, got a deal on oxygen bottle but the acetylene was hard to source and very costly rental, so as I will only be using it for heating stubborn bits and bending other bits I decided on propane, However my murex gauges foul on the bottle which has side entry, I have tried all angles and two different size bottles with no success ! Any clues what to do next please ? I have seen propane being used for this type of use so must be possible ? manta thank in advance for tips,

P.s I have tried googling for rent free acetylene but nothing I could see ?

I didn't buy a 90 degree fitting, I brought a side entry with a longer tube for use with my propane tank, I got it of E-Blag, didn't come upon any of the 90 degree ones whilst searching, my oxygen is through a friend, so i will stick with that set-up , As mentioned it will only be used for persuading stubborn bits and bending others, Cheers all