4.6 on Fleabay

stuck

I've never seen a 4.6 with a dizzy, why would you do that?!

Basically he's thrown his chequebook at RPI who've sold him all the shiny carp in their catalogue, which was almost OK last millennium.

My 4.6 has a dizzy, however someone chopped its head off after I fitted EDIS and now it just turns the oil pump ^_^

If you're really in the market I have a spare 4.6 in the shed...

The 2.5 petrol engine was replaced in 2007 for a new 'coscast' 4.6l Rover V8 from RPI. (Norfolk) - Hmmm

It is a Large Journal Cross Bolted Block with none of the porosity or weaknesses of the original 4.0/4.6l V8's made by Land Rover during the BMW years - Hmmm. :lol:

It is fitted with the non serpentine front with a Mallory Unilite distributor and magnacore plug leads for reliability. :rofl: no please stop .......

It is running a Webber 500 carburettor (Edelbrock 1404) on a port matched dual plane manifold which gives good mpg over long distances on the motorway (~25mpg) but much less around town.

:rofl: :rofl: they are horrible,.. why not just zippy tie a bucket with a calibrated hole on the top and save funds :rofl:

:

The heads are new '10 bolt type' RPI stage 3 polished and ported big valve items with waisted stems running on height matched rockers. The cam is a piper 289 with Rhodes hydraulic tappets and Timpkin upgraded chain and sprockets. Hmmm, nice but weel over the top £s wise

The sump is the earlier steel type feeding the gear driven oil pump on the front cover with a standard Land Rover cooler in the circuit behind the radiator.- Oh yeah the Britpart qulaity one that is ? :rofl:

Gear driven oil pump :rofl: so much beter than the crank driven one you've removed eh ? :rofl:

The radiator is a new Britpart all aluminium model to provide better cooling. It is fitted with a Kenlowe electric fan witch automatically cuts in at 90C. HAHAHAHA no stop please its being to Hurt now :rofl:

The exhaust came from Rimmer Bros, and is a fully stainless steel tubular system. The Tubular manifolds are wrapped in a Thermotex exhaust shield to improve flow and reduce under-bonnet temperatures. There is a single indirect flow muffler behind the y pipe followed by the exit pipe behind the left rear mudguard. WOW..... so excited I think I have let out a little wee..... :)

The engine has only done about 3500 miles now and has just had its second oil change. As expected, the oil came out the same colour as it went in. well be frightening if it was blue wouldn't it :rofl:

Still laughing at the Crank > Gear Drive oil pump and the webberboll*x Carbabortion :D

Nige