Gutless Disco, Advice needed

Oakmaster

Gutless Disco, Advice needed

My Fiancé has a Disco II TD5 It seems very gutless below 1500 RPM. It pulls well once the revs rise above 1500, but is seriously powerless below, to the point where you cant let the revs drop or you are up and down through the box all the time, it's not a pleasant experience.

I never found this to be a problem in the TD5 110 I had before my Puma powered 110, but despite having many series and defenders have little experience of Discoveries, so I’m wondering if this is a recognised problem, and if it is a recognised problem what? And what to do to rectify it?

Thanks

Bill

This is obviously such a silly question that the Series forum wont answer it – But neither My series one 86” (1955) and series two 88” (1959) –have wheel braces, and I need to rectify the situation. What size is the wheel nut? What is the most cost effective way to get a replacement (without cracking the socket or bending the ‘breaking’ bar) - cheers

Sounds like the MAF is on it's way out. Quick check is to unplug it and take it for a spin. If it makes it better then thats the problem. Had the same symptoms on a customers TD5

Cheapest of all places was Paddocks. Genuine Siemen's part in Siemen's box,£70.(that was a couple of months ago)

Don't keep driving it with the MAF unplugged tho.