disco 300 into disco 200 converted 90

well i wrote off my mint low mileage disco 300 last monday bit gutted as me and the missus spent nearly three months looking for a good one and nearly £150 in deisel looking at supposedly immaculate rotboxes then we found a lovely silver 300 tdi for sale low miles 95k completely solid huge alisport intercooler 5 brand new bfg all terrains mint interior basicaly the whole package and cheap as well then as my luck would have it ive smashed it to bits arguing with a 17 ton lorry luckily no frontal damage just down both sides.. anyway getting around to my question i have a 1990 def 90 that i fitted a disco 200tdi and box into which came out of a j reg mk1 the question is will my 300tdi and box slip straight into the mounts which were moved to take the 200 and box in the def... the disco is definately a write off in my eyes so will buy back off insurance seems a shame to let a mint engine and box slip away as the 200 in the defender is getting a bit tired any ideas ????

is it a case of cutting engine mounts off the disco and welding on defender ?? would they sit forward or rear of the mounts we welded on to fit the 200tdi disco engine/box combo also will the gearbox crossmember we moved to fit the disco 200 box be right for the 300tdi box

if you look in the tech archive there are drawings for a special engine mount that allows you to mount a 300tdi to 200tdi chassis engine mounts - great idea. i think you may have to come up with an exhaust fitting but that about it, if my 200 goes then this will be the next step for me.

The chap made a drawing of the bracket that needed fabricateing, can't find the thread just now - I've got the drawing on my other PC will post when I can get hold of it, in the mean time can anyone find the thread I'm talking about?

Mav

Ok found a thread of sorts, I'm sure there was an LR4x4 thread where he published the drawing but will keep looking.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=62926&hl=%2B300tdi+%2Bengine+%2Bmount&fromsearch=1

Edited by Maverik