200tdi fuel line diameter

I am fitting an Eberspacher diesel heater to my project and I am trying to figure out which T piece I need to break into the fuel line. Does anyone know what the diameter of the fuel line is for a 200tdi Defender engine? Also I have braided fuel lines but I don't believe this should make a difference.

Thanks in advance,

James

I'm working away from the vehicle for the week but does anyone else have braided fuel hose that can tell me what the likely size T piece I need is?

The tank is a Disco 200tdi I believe, at least that's the sender in it and it all goes into the front in a standard way. I will of course be taking the fuel out of the system for the eberspacher as early as possible so will only be on the sender not the return that I need the size for. Below is the only pic I have at present. Would these be 8mm as Orgasmic Farmer suggests?

post-16322-0-74902800-1329152425_thumb.jpg

The main stock fuel lines are 3/8" nylon tubing (not hose). Some of the ones around the engine are 5/16".

As you obviously do not have any stock lines, why are you asking??

Back to the topic....it is "best" to not tee into a fuel line for a Webasto. It is "preferred" to put in a dedicated line to the tank. The reason is that the Webastos do not like any air bubbles in the line. If you do tee in, make sure that it is between the tank and the lift pump and that the length of the lines and location of the fuel pump meet the requirements shown in the Webasto installation manual.

Thanks guys, I didn't fit the fuel lines and dont have any calipers to find out what's on there. Running the fuel line to the tank is not really an option, so I would be going into the braided hose just before the lift pump. Can I assume then that the line is 3/8? I found a pic of the line joining the lift pump from when I got her.

post-16322-0-97407900-1329228540_thumb.jpg

Does it seam reasonable to assume this is 3/8?

• 8 months later...

Did you get your heater fitted yet and can you tell me where you put it, I am just about to do the same job - ever thing here now and tested just need a tee for fuel line and a place to put the heater might go in the back up against bulkhead but open to suggestions. I have a 300tdi 90.

Any help would be great.

Frax