Changing the V5

Hi,

How much trouble is it to get the correct engine number on the V5 ? (because of an engine change)

Can I just send it in to the DVLA ?

Or will the need to see " proof" in whatever form of shape ?

Any idea how long it will take to get the new V5 back....?

Thanks !

send with your V5 a garage headed letter stating the engine & reg number & installation is safe, enter new engine number in the relevant section on V5, a photo of the 'new' engine number will help too.

sometime dvla ask for these items other times they just change the number & post the v5 back.

there are various discussions about this within the forum.

^^^^^

As Ralph has said you may need a letter from a garage stating that they fitted the engine.

When I fitted the 4.6 to my 110 I sent off the V5 with the updated details, it was returned a week later without the engine details being updated.

Three days later I had a letter from the nice people at the DVLA saying I needed said letter from a garage.

As my local MOT man gave it a ticket as it is I haven't bothered and probably won't unless I ever have to sell her.

As my local MOT man gave it a ticket as it is I haven't bothered and probably won't unless I ever have to sell her.

What have you got declared with your insurance company ?

If there is an accident and they identify the difference (Engine number etc.) there is a high likelihood they will cancel your insurance and not pay out...