how big does a snorkel need to be?

TOR4x4

...not been mentioned yet is the scavaging effect of the exhaust...

>"it is more complicated than just pure diameter on the exhaust - you've got cylinder purging, pressure waves and all that stuff going on."

I'm gonna start using capital letters... :rolleyes:

Al.

decided to go for the 3" with a filter directly on the end. To go bigger is a lot of hassle as i'm running it through the cab out to the back, co driver will need to wear stilletto's to get both his feet in the footwell as it is.

If it does prove to be a problem will have to get something a bit fancier made.

:hysterical: @ Al

Minivin: you don't really get scavenging from the exhaust because LR (diesel) engines go too slowly, and you've got too many cylinders interacting.

on the V8 that's not necessarily true, hence why one cast manifold is 4:1, while the other is 4:2:1 due to the firing sequence, therefore the manifolds play a part in the low down power capability, and why fitting tubular 4:1 on both sides is really for the hot rod people who tend to be tuning for the top end peformance and not careing for the low down grunt and response

not putting on for deep wading just incase i happen to fall into a small puddle(as you do), may give me a chance to get the engine off before it's totalled, snorkel cheaper than a new engine i think.

Unfortunately had to pull out of interclub because of other comittments, can't risk wrecking car 9 days before big event. Normally takes longer than that to get it cleaned and serviced after an event. Will probably come down and do some marshalling though. maybe set some challenging punches.