Bank holiday laning trip

John (Turbocharger) and I are thinking about going for a fun day's laning on bank holiday monday (28th Aug). We are both based near Bristol, and were thinking about going for a trundle around the lanes of South Wales.

If anybody would like to join us, you are welcome. Just post up and let us know.

Keir.

Munch on my tasty ass, Mr Watts, I'm going for this "off the roading" thing. I fancy driving some of the lanes we did on the weekend from Llanerchindda in 2002/3?, especially one bit (of Sarn Helen?) with the river crossing we refused. Or maybe Strata Florida? Anyone have grid refs for suggested lanes?

The reasoning is, we could go over to Salisbury Plain but it takes an hour and a half to be on the Plain, and from Brizzle we could be in the mountains by then.

Guest diesel_jim

I'd be up for a Wales trip too.... the 'plain will be there for years to come, the Wales lanes will be extinct soon, so we'd better use them ASAP!

There's a possibility that I can rustle up a Pinzgauer or two for this weekend. Any chance of joining in?

Careful though!!!! We've seen what Pinzgauer drivers do to the front ends of Discoveries in South Wales!!! :ph34r:

Have a fun time!! We really enjoyed the lanes in the area back in February!!

Really sorry, but am going to have to cancel. Am rather poorly at the moment, I think from the Sushi and Saki (or raw fish and brake fluid as my wife described it) that I had last night. I don't honestly think that I will have it in me to go laning tomorrow. Sorry about that. Keir.