Interaction between MegaJolt and 14CUX ECU of my Ginetta G33

Miel

Hi all,

I am a newbee on this forum and this is my first post! Furthermore I am not a mechanic, but a proud owner of a Ginetta G33, so please bear with me.

The engine in my Ginetta is a TVR Power 4.0 liter V8 unit.

I decided to have a MJ installed only, as my ECU has been mapped a year ago very nicely.

After installation of the trigger wheel and EDIS8 with cables, we first did not have a spark, but in the end it appeared that the grounding was incorrect, and now we have a spark. But sofar we have not been able to run the EDIS8 in limp mode (=without MJ installed). The engine does not start.

Before, when the dizzy and coil were still in place, there was a connection between the coil (- wire) to the ECU, which took care for a pulse to enable the ECU to fire the injectors. That is hat I believe, though.

Which connection should we make from the EDIS8 to the ECU? What have we done wrong?

I have seen a few threads on a similar subject, but I am not sure if those threads contain the right solution to our problems.

Can someone help us, so that we have my G33 on the road quickly?! The weather is getting better now and I would love to have the G33 out again.

Thank you all for your reactions!

Regards,

Mielpost-37952-0-04954400-1333443962_thumb.jpgpost-37952-0-34522100-1333443975_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure about using this circuit with the 'hotwire' systems. I have found on a couple of Megajolt to Lucas (flapper) systems that the zener needed to be omitted and the sum of the diodes connected to the ECU via the systems standard 6K8 resistor. Which is sort of what the diagram shows anyway.

Cliff

Hi all!,

Thank you for your reactions and visions.

Yesterday evening I received a phone call from my mechanic, telling me that the engine is running now!

Indeed we needed a connection similar as FridgeFreezer indicated.

The MegaJolt system came from Trigger-Wheels.com including a tacho-driver for coil driven tacho's. I was in the opinion this was only needed to drive the tacho. I received from Trigger-Wheels installation instructions and from there it was not directly clear to me that it also should provide the pulse to my Hotwire 14 CUX system.

It appeared that this pulse should exceed a certain threshold value before it is being recognized by the ECU, upon which it will fire the injectors.

It took us a long time to discover this, but finally mapping of the MJ can start now.

Next week I shall pick-up my Ginetta (it is almost a 2 hours drive to the workshop!) and hope to gather more details of the installation.

Regards,

Miel