Air pressure VS Ellectric Diff Locks

Hey, expert fellas!

Houw would you rate diff locks operated by air compressor VS those operated by ellectricity?

I have come across ellectric "KAM" brand - http://www.kamdiffs.com/products-2/kam-difflock/...

And also was suggested the Ashcroft air compressor operated ones by a guy who has used those...

Do they both provide 100% lock?

Also, can someone explain what is a Limited Slip Diff?

Any idea?

It depends on what you want. they both lock the diff in basically they same way only one uses air and one uses electrictiy. i use arbs because already have an air supply onboard and i can use this to pump up tyres. i would imagine kams are slightly easier to fit as you only have to run an electrical supply to it where as air locker require air hoses and an electrical supply for the compressor.

Limited slip diffs (LSD's) work by transmitting a limited amount of torque to the wheel with the most traction allowing you to keep moving the benifit is that this happens automaticly through the diff but somtime there not very effective. there are 3 types clutch type viscous coupling type and another a cant remember the name off.

Hope this helps.

Both provide 100% lock - both wheels get the same power.

KAM will be harder to install as the axle casing needs chopping to fit, but an air locker needs an air supply. However I think the air route is easier and you then have an air system for pumping up tires too.

The other type of Limited slip diff uses gears, made by Quaife I think. There are many circumstances where an LSD will not get you much further than open (no locking) diffs but a proper locker would.