90 Wiring loom questions??

Background

I originally bought the 90 off a local bloke who was actally glad to get rid of it. No mot, tax lot of work needed doing to her. I payed £600 for a very tired 1986 200td

The original chassis suffered severe tin worm and i decided to get a new galved one as a replacement. I am now at the rolling chassis stage, doing the bodywork. Before i get too far ahead, im trying to get the next step organised, so that the build can continue. The thing is im a little puzzled as to what to get. I definateley dont want to use the old loom as its very tired. The P.O added all sorts of things to the loom and every wire added is red! Not only that, there are some very significant changes going on.

Megasquirted (cheers Nige) 4.6 V8 petrol with LT85 gearbox. (One of the lads at work is building this for me at the moment)

8274 winch front and rear. with isolators and carling switches in cab

remote petrol tank

Challenge wings and cage.

Duel battery setup with split charge

Carling switches in dash for lockers and air pump etc I would also like to renew all the guages as there looking a tad sorry for themselves

So as you can see im a bit stumped as to which loom to start off with.

I have sent the same questions via an email to Autosparks, but as yet, i am still waiting for a response back.

ANY help here would be great.

:i-m_so_happy:

Cheers, John

Shouldn't be too much cutting about. Your MS system ends up being fairly standalone from the main loom. The other loom is really only there for lights etc you probably want your winch on a separate loom anyway so you can remove it in the future.

Yes, as above my suggestion would be to get a new standard loom of whatever type suits your fancy, and then make up a custom loom to run your Megasquirt completely separately from the vehicle loom. With it's own fused supplies etc.

That way it keeps things simple and any future fault finding should be nice and easy.

Thanks. Yes i did receive an email back from autosparks today saying the same things.

They could only offer me one of two engine looms for a v8, one with or one without air con. The same option for the main harness, but when it came to the chassis harness they need my chassis number. The only problem with that is that is for a 1986 td. I will give them a call i think just so i can clarify things up with them.

Good point regarding the seperate loom and fusebox. I have also made a note of the dual cable link

At least now, i sort of have a direction to head for.

Cheers