Keep the removable wheel or go fixed?

Hi All,

I am toying with the idea of replacing my removable steering wheel with a 15” fixed proper fitment steering wheel as the removable one sits too high in fact under one of my smaller chins :( I know they can be modified and all that but I don’t think I would trust a welded joint (funny to think how many welds we trust our life to each day :unsure:)

My original reason for fitting the removable wheel was purely for security but I know one day I am going to bump into something and get a wheel size dent in the sternum.

My question is would a proper Thatcham approved disk-lok be almost as secure as the removable wheel?

I know if they want it they will take it but perhaps if its difficult they might not bother.I would use it in conjunction with an Adrenaline pedal box and the other unmentionable tricky bits and bobs..

Thoughts?

J2J

I discovered the same thing after fitting the removal steering wheel then putting the seats in for my project! Fortunately for me I was fitting different seats anyway (Audi 80) which sit well back (I have a bulkhead removal bar as well) giving me plenty of room.

Can post piccies if it helps anyone.

G

I discovered the same thing after fitting the removal steering wheel then putting the seats in for my project! Fortunately for me I was fitting different seats anyway (Audi 80) which sit well back (I have a bulkhead removal bar as well) giving me plenty of room.

Can post piccies if it helps anyone.

G

Thanks but I am fairly short and so If I removed the rear bulkhead and moved the seats I couldn't reach the pedals :unsure:

But thanks anyway

J2J