Terrafirma Suspension Fitting

lawrence

Having just bought new suspension for my Disco 1 300tdi. I thought it might be best to ask if anyone had any sugestions as to the best way to fit them or any pitfalls that they have found.

I have the workshop manual and will be working through that.

Just wondered if anyone had any hands on experiance that might make the job a little easier.

Thanks neil

Are you replacing just springs and shocks?

It's worth ordering a new pair of turret rings at the same time, they are usually rusty or have seized bolts. At the same time check your suspension turrets whilst you can see them properly.

As with most jobs pressure wash underneath to remove most of the carp then once dry wire brush around all the bolts and apply WD40 in advance or better still use plus-gas. It makes everything so much easier when you come to undo it.

It's a pretty simple job, just take your time and be methodical. Depending on how many parts you are changing, you may find a 2nd jack to be pretty helpful.

+1 for the plusgas and axle stands. Also when i did mine before christmas i found it helpful to use an oil filter strap wrench to hold the shocks in place while I tightened the shock bolts up. A decent set of spring compressors are worth every penny. I have the same springs and shocks that you have mentioned with a 2' lift.