Engine Pre Heating options and opinions...

Just in case you didn't realise - the D5W is bigger than the D5WZ/Webasto equivalent people on here have. Dimensions:

D5W: http://www.eberspacher.com/downloads/technical-documents/D5W_manual.pdf (page 5)

D5WZ: http://www.esparofmichigan.com/techsupport/pdfs/HYBERNATOR/Hydronic%20D5WZ%2025_2216%20TD%2006%202003%20JE.pdf (page 12)

I looked at a D5W but it was going to be tight fitting it into the engine bay - can't remember if I figured out if it would fit in the right hand wing on a 200tdi setup. And then the plumbing became interesting.

I'd have a measure before you set your sights on a D5W. Unfortunately the D5WZ / Webasto equivalents are generally more expensive.

• 3 years later...

I,ve had a Webasto heater in now for about five years and is the best mod on the Landrover ever. I t is really easy to install, and even better if you get a cheap remote from ebay, to switch on from inside the house. Much better than driving around waiting for the engine to heat up, burns only 0.23 litre on full power, your engine should be heated up in 10mins, 20mins if really icy, can't beat that, get the Webasto. NOW!

Brian

Any Pics of this Brian?

Install and location of heater and remote etc?