Hobby Air Compressor

DrRob

So, after looking about for a bigger one, I came across a few examples on U-Tube of guys that had bought 2 or 3 smaller ones and linked them in parallel to increase the cfm delivery rate...

Sounds like an interesting idea. Any links on what to join to what?

Dual / multiple compressor linking ....

A blasting enclosure done with PVC tube + pushfit fittings.... can be made to any size you want.

http://www.russellw.com/planes/fairchild22/log/blasting_booth.htm

Note, the extractor fan that I have (6") is to keep the enclosure under negative pressure + keep the dust down within the enclosure, without extract, there is a very good chance that that the dust will leak out of the enclosure and settle on other stuff in our garage...

I don't tape up my enclosure, I just over wrap the PVC sheet, so that there is no clear exit path for the blast media (obviously it bounces off whatever you are blasting and goes in all directions at high velocity, including finding the gaps.

I have a concrete floor in the garage, and it's not advisable to blast above it directly as you find that the blast media that bounces off whater you are blasting I found created concrete dust (which I am told has the potential to lead to cancer if inhailed (over time)).... my solution was an 8x4 plywood sheet, also means that I can tuck the pvc sheet under the plywood which forms a good air seal and sand collection point.

My solution was designed for ease of assembly, disassembly, and to allow me to be quick at blasting and collecting the media back up for re-use, I only get a few hours most evenings and don't have time to waste.

It is not cheap when you consider compressors, pressure pot, blast media, air fed helmet (I use a pair of old jeans + overalls as a blast suit + rigger boots), PVC tube + PVC sheet + extractor fan + flexible ductwork + lead light on a stand.

He likes his hoses doesn't he?

I don't have hoses on my air tools, I fitted each one with a male PCL coupler, and then use a coil hose from my regulator with a female coupling on it. Its an awful lot easier to store the tools without hoses on them, and its a lot better than falling over umpteen hoses when they're scattered on the drive!