Ideas for the boot

Igol

I've spent the long weekend sticking in a new cross member and have just spent yet another happy day fettling and welding after I discovered that the wheel arch and body work had had a major falling out and were undergoing a trial separation (the inner sill is also having a bad time after having an affair with tinworm).

So while sat there breathing in those healthly welding fumes and topping up my iron oxide content I started thinking if I really wanted to replace the dicky seats and the twin speakers in the back door?

The dickies never really get used and the speakers need replacing if they're going to work so what else can I do to tidy up the load space?

I quite like the checker plate door card but is there something similar that will fit where the dickies were?

Any suggestions.....sensible ones preferably though if anyone can tell me how to fit 20mm hispanos in the grill to remove Micras from the road :)

You can disassemble the dickie seats so that you are left with just the base and it's plastic cover, this can then be refitted to give two storage bins. The advantage of this approach is that it costs virtually nothing and looks almost original.

Forget the 20mm hispanos and go for a 30mm minigun, would require a second alternator and some ejection ports in the wings, mind you , given the way discos rust, landrover have probably pre-installed those....

My mate used some plywood to make boxes to go where the diki seats are. His are full height and fit loads in, but I think I'd just put a piece across about 8" high and have an open cubby for wellies, bags of shopping, shackles, etc.