Spot the mistake?

Dale Simpkins

Hi,

Spotted this item being advertised as an early Range Rover item:-

Early Range Rover filler cap

Looking at the filler cap on my early Range Rover, this looks nothing like it (apart from being round) If you ask me it looks more like the filler cap on my Series Land Rover! As far as I know, Series filler caps were used on some of the prototype Range Rovers until the proper locking filler cap was available. You'd have to be mad to pay 50 quid for this, especially as you can still buy new Series filler caps for about a fiver!

This is the second time this person has tried to sell this item. The first time they withdrew the auction after someone pointed all this out to them. Do you think I should report this to Ebay as it looks like they're trying to pull a fast one?

LOL - yes its a series cap. Bet he doesn't get any bids, poor misguided soul.

I dont see that he's pulling any fraud, he's just waiting for a plonker to come along, who might just be into collecting rare fuel caps LOL