ABS plastic panel opinions please

im in need of a new wing for the 90 but cant seem to find a new aluminium one, instead all i can find is abs plastic panels, whilst rebuilding im gona do both wings as the other aint too great either, just wonderin if anyone has used the abs plastic wings and what your opinions were on them

Hello Ian,

I bought mine from Paddocks, they look good and paint fine.

The only issue I had was alignment of the securing holes to the wing tops and inner wings. Essenitally I had to open up the holes on the wing tops to get them to fit corrrectly and faff around with the inner wing lip holes.

This may be down to my complete strip down and rebuild and a few things being out of kilter but something to bear in mind.

I also had to drill new holes for the the wing vents when fitting genuine LR items.

But it does mean I will never suffer from corrosion hence the reason for fitting them in the first place! :)

HTH

G :)

excellent theory, has to be better as fitting aluminium panels at £79.99 a pop and having to replace them again in the future coz of corrosion or dents and at least plastic dosent really dent so theres no worries on that, may just go ring paddocks and order a pair.

ok so tonite i got the passenger side plastic wing fitted and as mentioned earlier you have to do a little fiddling with the holesto get them to fit, but now its on it looks ideal except for where it meets the bulkhead it starts to bend instead of pulling flush to the bulkhead, im sure with a bit of persistence i will get this sorted out, and get on with the driver side tommorrow. but on the plus they are excellent quality.