Strata Florida - potential closure

Se7enUp

Tread Lightly have just announced the following on their Facebook page:

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Latest CMPP report just landed, now called the Cambrian Mountains Exemplar Report, phase 2 June 2012. Did read good and fairly positive throughout until I came to the map page of potentially unsuitable UCR's in Ceredigion. Bad news, Exergesis have recommended Strata Florida as an unsustainable red route, for potential closure. Will raise at this Thursday's council LAF meeting, and try and obtain an electronic copy for all MPV and bike users to read.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sadly predictable. Last time I drove it there were some "pikey" types in a very big old jeep and a shogun. No plates/tax etc. They insisted on driving off piste, up the stream, carving large chunks of bank off the stream sides. Yes, I did remonstrate with them, quite forcibly. But, the damage was done. Got to say that if I was the land owner, I would want it closed too due to the massive abuse.