Steering Damper, still good?

Only a gas filled steering damper will extend itself when left. Oil filled (standard spec) will not.

Seems an odd thing really to have a damper that wants to bias you in one direction :unsure:

yeah, that's the norm for the oil filled unit, best thing though, it's carp, chuck it away and get a gas pressurised one, preferably one with a divider between the oil and gas, I have a Bilstein B6 and it works a treat, took a load of swimminess away from my steering especially where potholes and corners are concerned, you won't regret it!

I haven't noticed any bias of the damper pushing on the steering at all, I shouldn't think you'd notice it at all with the power steering...

Edited by danebrewer

Should the steering damper be level when the vehicle is sat normally?

Anybody?

Had a look a the damper and the washers and bushes that came with it, and have now sorted the pressed washers and bushes into a sensible order. It appears to me that there are 2 washers in the middle which have a spigot pressed on the back of them. I believe they should locate in a hole rather than the 8mm stud, is this correct?

Also, there appears on the parts diagram to be a plain washer, which a P/No. search reveals to be common with radiator cowl washers so we assume a normal M8 flat washer, but this was only supplied with one big thick washer - any comments?