Blinding ebay deal tonite, now which engine?

mcc1979ian

ok so iv been bidding on a fully refurbed (unused since built) LT77 V8 box and was lucky enough to land it for alot less than i had anticipated, now iv heard the local breakers has just taken delivery of a range rover fitted with 4.6 gems engine so tommorrows plan is to go take a looksie.

my mate tells me its done 120'000mls but all the documents are in the car showing full service history and many many receipts,

i know the guy in the scrappy so should be able to barter for a cracking deal on everything i need,

question is, is 120'000 mls over the hill or will a strip down and rebuild see this lasting for the forseable future?

also will my refurbed LT77 handle the engine?

ok so another blinding deal today, got the 4.6 mentioned above and as told had full service history documentation and many receipts, coming complete with ecu, loom, starter, alternator, pas pump (slight leak), air con pump (on board air here we come), fuel pump, 4-2-1 tubular manifolds, radiator, just got to nip back round on monday and remove the thing. Things you have to do for a decent deal eh.

Question now is when rebuilding what would you replace/upgrade?

Will my refurbed LT77 handle this engine?

ok so another blinding deal today, got the 4.6 mentioned above and as told had full service history documentation and many receipts, coming complete with ecu, loom, starter, alternator, pas pump (slight leak), air con pump (on board air here we come), fuel pump, 4-2-1 tubular manifolds, radiator, just got to nip back round on monday and remove the thing. Things you have to do for a decent deal eh.

Question now is when rebuilding what would you replace/upgrade?

Will my refurbed LT77 handle this engine?

What would I replace?

ECU, loom, coil packs etc (Megasquirt)

LT77 will handle the power for a while, how long will depend upon how aggressive you are with the loud pedal.

£350, didnt think that was bad but im not really up to scratch on engine prices so may just be over excited.

As for the loud pedal, it wont be too loud for me, after years of flat oot fun i finally got myself a 6 month ban back in march, not great when my job requires me to have a license (continental hgv driver) so iv decided its time to tame the right foot. Mind suppose when im offroad that mite not last long.

Was considering megasquirt anyway, just need to get the cash together for that bit.