O/T What to do with a new car and a new bike.

Les Henson

Forget older drivers! I just got back from 2 weeks in the Algarve (Val do Lobo) and on any given night it could be tricky to decide whether Portugal was RHD or LHD with all the inebriated RHDrivers setting off on the "other" side of the road :o

When we lived in Switzerland, my wife's car was RHD and I recall one night driving it home alone from a dinner in some quiet village and getting about a kilometer down a divided dual carriageway before realizing as I came into a roundabout that this didn't like right at all... :huh:

"Vale do Lobo", 8135 Almancil

Quality of driving is sometimes terrifying - Hampshire County have a good scheme, assessments for the over 60's with 'honest opinions' and 'helpful tips'... they don't have the power to remove licenses, but it's a popular scheme and a worthy one IMHO.

Bike statistics are scary, they're the only type of accidents to rise in our County in the last year. Nationally bikes account for 1% of all traffic... but 18% of all Killed and Seriously Injured :(