200tdi conversion

hi, has anyone done a 200tdi engine and gearbox conversion from a disco 1 to a defender 90 td, i have done this and wondering which engine mounts i should have used, dsco or td, the ones that bolt to engine, i moved the chassis mounts, just wondering about engine mounts, dd

Disco mounts are IMHO better because they're captive. They should put the engine in the same postion as defender mounts.

You have taken the gearbox out the discovery aswell as the engine? If yes your rear prop and gearstick will cause problems or your engine will be very far forward.

Your best to use the defender gearbox, especially in a 90.

Disco mounts are IMHO better because they're captive. They should put the engine in the same postion as defender mounts.

You have taken the gearbox out the discovery aswell as the engine? If yes your rear prop and gearstick will cause problems or your engine will be very far forward.

Your best to use the defender gearbox, especially in a 90.

hi, the gearbox is set further back, and i had to cut a little out of the seat box, and designed my own cubby box,

post-14791-0-66687800-1342552985_thumb.jpg

dinky, as long as the engine and box are sitting level, and dont foul anything like the prop or front axle, even on full suspension compression, then it is fine. the disco mounts tend to be smoother aswell.