Wet Floor

mcc1979ian

ok so the past few weeks iv been noticing the driver footwell of my d2 is wet (maybe wet dosent quite do it, lets try saturated) and never dries out,

yesterday it was a sunny, dry day outside (i know its a shock) so i decided to investigate,

it appears only the first 12" in from the sill gets wet and just from the front of the seat to just below the pedals,

iv dried it out with a heat gun and cleaned up the area around it to see if i can find where its coming in, but im suspecting its the door seal as its getting worn and has a half inch rip in it approx half way along the sill,

question is would this be enough to soak the floor as bad as mine is?

all the surrounding areas are bone dry!!

I would say yes it quite possible that the water is coming in throught the split door rubber it could also be comin in through the door itself if the door trim has ever been removed & the pastic membrain puctured or torn & not replaced or repaired properly then rain water can penertrate between the door & the door trim letting water run straight onto the carpewt over the top of the door rubber

Jim

Everyone's problem is unique ...my wet drivers carpet was due to water running down Windscreen / off bonnet into scuttle panel area, down through drain hole in inner wing and through a corrosion made hole into the cabin just above some relays and fuses...bizarre I know...