engine rubber covers

del

i had one, and dont know if it was just made faulty, but it held the filler cap open slightly, covering my engine in oil, it didnt seem to make much difference to be honest, although it would make one with noisey tappets a bit quieter.. although you could just adjust your tappets. best thing is to insulate the bulkhead especially the area just behind the engine and footwell sides!

I think mine makes a difference, and it doesn't hold the cap open.

as i say, i think the one i got had the cut out for the filler slightly wrong. it would probably fit fine if i cut it a bit more but i didnt really feel a difference with the rest of the soundproofing ive got haha, and i like the ali rocker cover and manifold anyway

i used kingspan, which is a noise and heat insulator, and is fire retardant, i.e. wont catch fire. (tested this with blowtorch too!)

it doesent hold water either which is a bonus, and it was free for me. fatmat may be better, although the amount of difference that the kingspan made was amasing.

flashing tape is also a good idea on all panels, (builders flashing tape is the same stuff as that posh car stuff but a lot cheaper)

i used kingspan, which is a noise and heat insulator, and is fire retardant, i.e. wont catch fire. (tested this with blowtorch too!)

it doesent hold water either which is a bonus, and it was free for me. fatmat may be better, although the amount of difference that the kingspan made was amasing.

flashing tape is also a good idea on all panels, (builders flashing tape is the same stuff as that posh car stuff but a lot cheaper)

Mikey is there a particular type and thickness of Kingspan you used?

I would be interesetd in fixing to the underside of my bonnet.

And in answer to the rubber cover I did notice a difference!

I have a defender 200TDi and fitted a cover from a 200TDi Disco, this did mean removing the piece that goes over the induction chamber so that it cleared the exposed top mounted turbo.

Cheers

G :)