Shot Blasting Pricing

Spearos

As per the title, I'm looking at getting my 'spare' bulkhead shot blasted. When I did my doorframes I used those nasty angle grinder wire wheels which was a bit time consuming. So looking at doing the bulkhead the 'quick way'.

So today I've started to go about finding a local company to do this, and I am shocked at the prices! 2 quotes, one came in at £150 the other £280! Now, am I being naive in thinking these prices are a bit ott?

Any recommendations/suggestions?

I was quoted - roughly - to get a chassis blasted and zinc sprayed at £150.

I think you are being quoted high, but Didcot is expensive, on account of being dead posh.

G.

I was quoted - roughly - to get a chassis blasted and zinc sprayed at £150.

I think you are being quoted high, but Didcot is expensive, on account of being dead posh.

G.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking the quotes are high. £150 for blasting and zinc spraying a whole chassis - If only my folks still lived in Coleford! As for Didcot being posh, you've obviously never been here! ;)

Oh, I know Didcot alright, did some work there once upon a time. The Old town is nice, but the rest is, err, um. Adequate.

Try Abingdon? Swindon? Oxford itself? That kind of money would almost pay for a shot blast kit!

One way is to phone a contractor and ask if he can tag your job onto a larger one. I got some tractor rear wheels done for peanuts several years ago - I took them down to a boatyard were the contractor was doing a narrow boat hull.

Julian.

I recently had a firepit that I made shotblasted. I nearly fell over when he quoted me thirty quid, and that was 'mates rates' as I work just up the road from them.

I have five disco steel wheels that I bought from a work acquaintance with the intention of shotblasting and repainting them to replace my standard classic defender steels.

It's gonna be cheaper to just buy a set of modulars with tyres fitted from Craddocks.