Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

zim

Hello,

Ok i'll be honest and say this isn't for my LR but for my truck.

I'd like to know if anyone on here has used mickey thompson baja MTZ's on the road ? I battle to find tyres for my truck due to it being on 18" rims but i've found a set here in the UK.

It spends 99% of it's time on road the other 1% is driving and and off camp sites when going to challenges !

Thanks

Gordon

Why not a Baja ATZ then? Road noise is very good on those, the MTZs are quite a bit louder, but still very bearable.

I would, but i can get a second hand set of MTZ with very little wear for £350 ish.... 18" tyres are a problem here. If they were a 17,16 or 15" rim there'd be a lot of choice.

G

I run a set of MTZ on my disco. I like them. There good on the road and they haven't let me down in the mud.

Cannot. Comment on the noise as I'm used to them.

Shame your after 18's as I'm breaking my truck due to the engine letting go the other day Ive got 6. Two of which are new.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

It's a 3.5 v8, series gearbox (so that means rear wheel fun!), overdrive and range rover diffs - that translates to 65 mph quite comfortably on the M6.

Thought i'd take her out for a spin this morning to crewe and back, always puts a smile on your face :) Although the tyres would have fitted a lot easier in the Ford !